IGHC Co-sponsorship of McMaster Events
The Institute on Globalization and the Human Condition is interested in developing the intellectual community at McMaster studying globalization issues.
As part of this mandate, the Institute invites applications from other academic units for each of the Fall and Winter semesters to support visiting speakers who will talk about globalization.
An application for support should contain the following:
- A description of the event
- The suggested speaker and a brief summary of the projected talk
- A copy of the speaker’s CV
- A brief statement why the speaker’s research and projected talk will assist us in learning more about globalization
- A budget for the event, outlining what contributions will come from other academic units and the specific request for Institute support.
- Applications for speakers in the Fall Semester are due August 15
- Applications for speakers in the Winter Semester are due December 1
We anticipate contributing an average of $200.00 but no larger than $500.00 to any individual group/applicant.
Applications can be sent to:
Institute on Globalization and the Human Condition
McMaster University LRW 2021
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON, L8S 4M4